The Best Vegetarian Chili
Are you searching for the best vegetarian chili? Try this delicious gourmet chili recipe. All your friends and family will be amazed by this homemade chili recipe. They will definitely come back for seconds. This dish freezes very well.
Healthy Easy Recipes
2 T Olive Oil
1 cup Chopped Onion
1 Green Bell Pepper, Chopped
1 Red Bell Pepper, Chopped
1 carrot, chopped in small cubes
1 medium size zucchini, slice in 1/4 inch thick slices, then slice in half
1 cup frozen shoe peg corn
4 T Minced Jalapeno Chilies
5 tsp Minced Garlic
1 can Crushed Tomatoes (14.5 ounces)
1 can Diced Tomatoes (14.5 ounces)
2 cans Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
2 cans Black Beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups Water
1 cup Vegetable Broth or vegetable bouillon cube in 1 cup water
2 T white wine vinegar
1/2 cup Bulgar
2 T Chili Powder
1-1/2 tsp ground cumin
1-1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp cayenne
1. Saute onions, carrots, green pepper, red pepper and jalapenos in 2 T olive oil over medium heat in Dutch oven for 5 minutes.
2. Add garlic and zucchini and continue sauteing until vegetables are almost tender.
3. Add chili powder, cumin, coriander, and cayenne to vegetable mixture and stir for 1 minute.
4. Add cinnamon and Bulgar and stir till mixed thoroughly.
5. Add tomatoes, corn, water, vegetable broth, white wine vinegar and beans.
6. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
7. Cover and cook an additional 20 minutes.
Have It Your Way, Every Way
1. If desired, garnish with chopped cilantro, cheese and/or sour cream.
2. Add vegetables of your choice, for example, yellow pepper, roasted corn instead of frozen corn, celery, etc.
3. Roast the peppers, onions and zucchini first to add a wonderful new flavor.
4. Include garbanzo beans
Enjoy our healthy easy recipes!
Check out our list of the Best Vegetarian Recipes
Click here to return to the top of the best vegetarian chili page
The Best - Vegetarian Chili to all Chili Recipes