Camping Food Ideas
Planning for camping food ideas and what campfire cooking equipment to bring is an essential part of getting ready for your camping trip.
Campfire Cooking Recipes
While deciding on what campfire cooking recipes you will make, be sure to include a tasty and easy homemade chili recipe. A great chili recipe is a perfect addition to your camping food ideas list.
Campers have many ways of cooking at the campground. You can cook on grills and stoves, in Dutch ovens and over campfires. If you are in an RV you probably have an cook top and/or microwave oven.
Plan Your Campfire Cooking Recipes
As you plan your campfire cooking recipes there are things you can do a week or month before you leave so you can enjoy a yummy ground beef chili at the campground. Preparing some of the food prior to leaving gives you extra time for other fun activities.
So what can you do before leaving for your trip?
Time Saver Steps
- Pick out your favorite ground beef chili recipe or any chili recipe
- Measure out all the required spices such as chili powder, salt, pepper, cumin, etc. Mix together and put in a baggy or a sealed container. Tape the recipe to this packet
- Saute the vegetables and meat called for in the recipe, such as onions, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, jalapenos, etc per the directions
- After you saute the meat and vegetables as directed let the mixture cool. Wrap the mixture up and freeze it.
- Pack the frozen meat and veggie mixture in the cooler when you are ready to leave on your camping trip.
Time To Eat
When you are ready to prepare the chili you just have to combine the meat and veggie mixture, the spices andadd any cans of beans, tomatoes, etc to this mixture as required by the recipe. You then cook your homemade chili recipe per the instructions.
Campfire Cooking Equipment
Here is a checklist for your camping kitchen
- Grill or Cook Stove
- can opener
- campfire cooking tools, such as tongs, forks, spoons
- plates and bowls
- eating utensils
- water proof matches and/or butane lighter
- resealable plastic bags or cartons, foil, plastic wrap
- cleanup supplies such as tub, soap, garbage bags
Whether you make a ground beef chili, a red bean chili, a white turkey chili or a veggie chili, a little prep work goes a long way.
Chili Mac Recipe
From Camping Food Ideas back to Chili Recipes
Click here to go back to the top of the camping food ideas page