Meatless Chili Recipe
Meatless chili recipe - the best vegetarian recipe for meatless Mondays. This chili recipe makes a delicious meatless meal. Even meat eaters will love this meatless version of their favorite comfort food.
- 2 T oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 T minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cup Zucchini, diced
- 1 tsp serrano peppers, seeded and minced - add more for additional spice
- 2 cups frozen or fresh corn
- 1 pound mushrooms, cubed - baby portobellos work best for a meat like texture. Any mushrooms can be used
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 T chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 T chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Add oil to a ditch oven over medium-high heat. Add the onions, red bell pepper and serrano peppers . Cook for 1 - 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook an additional 1 -2 minutes.
Add the zucchini, corn, and mushrooms. Cook for several minutes until the vegetables are soft and starting to brown.
Stir in the chili powder, cumin, salt and cayenne and continuing cooking for an additional minute.
Add the tomatoes, beans, tomato sauce, and vegetable stock. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
Stir in the cilantro and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
Have this meatless chili recipe your way, every way.
- Top with chunks of fresh avocado
- Add eggplant cubes when you add zucchini, corn and mushrooms
- Serve over rice or pasta or quoina
This chili recipe is the perfect way to have meatless Mondays or any meatless meal. It is the best vegetarian recipe to serve to vegetarians and meat eaters. It is a delicious recipe for this comfort food.
From Meatless Chili Recipe to other ideas for Meatless Monday
To see our delicious selection of all Chili Recipes
To top of the Meatless Recipe for Chili page