A Healthy Spicy Chili Recipe
This spicy chili recipe is full of healthy goodness with the ground turkey, turmeric, green beans, bell peppers and tomatoes and other spices.
Healthy Dinner Recipes
Healthy dinner recipes are easy to include in your menu when you serve a chili recipe that is spicy, tasty and easy to make. The addition of the green beans, turmeric and vinegar give this chili a wonderful flavor that melds together for a delicious spicy chili recipe.
This recipe for a spicy chili can also be made with ground beef, bison or venison.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 cans diced tomatoes, drain 1 can
- 1 can red kidney beans or black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped or cut in thin strips
- 1/2 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup frozen green beans cut into 1/4 to 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 T fresh basil, chopped
- 1 T chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground oregano
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 3 T red wine vinegar
- 1 T olive oil
1. Pour olive oil into dutch oven. Over low to medium heat, saute the onions, green pepper and red pepper for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and saute for another 2 minutes.
2. Sprinkle the salt over the ground turkey. Add the turkey to the pot with the onions, etc. Saute until no longerpink. Add the basil. Stir. Add the red wine vinegar. Stir.
3. Add the chili powder, cayenne, cumin, ground oregano and Turmeric. Stir together and let simmer for a minute or two.
4. Add all the tomatoes.
5. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes
6. Add the beans and the diced green beans. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
Include this spicy, healthy chili recipe with your regular dinner recipes.
Other Balanced Healthy Diet Recipes
To top of the Spicy Chili Recipe Page