The Best Black Bean Recipe
This black bean recipe is very tasty and is great for your health. Out of all common beans, the black bean has the highest level of antioxidants. It is comparable to the cranberry. It is also high in fiber and low in fat.
Tasty Dinner & Good for Your Health
Serves 4 - It is easy to make half the recipe for 2 people
2 cans black beans, rinsed & drained (15 ounce)
1 tsp cumin
1 cup frozen white corn, thawed
1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
2 tsp diced jalapeno (canned)
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup fresh salsa, drained (if not available use your favorite jar of salsa, drained)
1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs or plain bread crumbs
2 T olive oil
1. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray and preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Put the rinsed beans in a bowl. Sprinkle the cumin and chili powder over the beans. Using a fork, mash all the beans.You could also pulse the beans in a food processor.
Stir in the corn, jalapenos and breadcrumbs to the bean mixture. Stir in the 1 cup of salsa to the bean mixture.
3. In a separate bowl blend the olive oil and the 1/3 cup panko or plain breadcrumbs.
4. Take the bean mixture and make 8 bean balls. Each bean ball will be about 1/2 cup of the bean mixture.
5. Roll the bean balls in the breadcrumbs and place on baking sheet.
6. Bake about 15 - 20 minutes.
Serve with additional salsa, avocado, coleslaw, etc.
This meatless bean dinner is high in protein, fiber and antioxidants. For a great appetizer, use 1/4 cup or less of the bean mixture. Your health conscience friends and family will love this very tasty, delicious black bean recipe.
It makes a great snack for kids and adults.
To the top of Black Bean Recipe page
Back to Blanced Healthy Diet
From a great recipe for black bean to all chili recipes