Meatless Monday - Serve up some Comfort Food
Meatless Monday - Enjoy comfort food and a healthy heart menu. Make Monday your meatless day.Whatever your reason for going meatless on a Monday there is no reason to sacrifice good taste and a need for delicious comfort food such as chili.
Meatless Comfort Food
There are many reasons to have a meatless day. Whether it is Monday or Thursday does not matter.
Many people want to adopt a meatless day because
- A Johns Hopkins study that says a healthy heart menu should have us all cutting at least 15% of the saturated fat from our diet. A meatless day such as Monday will accomplish that.
- You want to cut your carbon footprint and help the environment.
- You just want to add more vegetables to your diet.
- You want to save money at the grocery store by buying less meat.
Here are a few of my chili recipes that are meatless. I do not always stick to Monday. I just try to have one meatless day a week
Best Vegetarian Recipes for Going Meatless on Monday
Red Bean Chili
- This deliciously seasoned red bean chili is tasty, hearty and perfect for any meatless meal.
White Chili in the Crock Pot
- This white chili is quick to put together, easy to cook and very yummy.
The Best Black Bean Recipe
- These black bean croquettes make a wonderfully tasty meatless meal. They are full of flavor and are a great addition for any healthy heart menu.
Fantastic Meatless Chili Recipe
- A fantastic meatless chili recipe that even the meat eaters in your family will rave about.
As a chili lover I wanted to explore how do we take a comfort food like chili and maintain the warmth, comfort and great taste and make it meatless for my Monday meal. What could I make that would not make me miss the meat? I usually do not use tofu and have never used a meat substitute. My chili recipes get their flavor from wonderful spices & vegetables.
Enjoy your Meatless Monday with this delicious comfort food!
To top of Meatless Monday
From Meatless on Monday to all Chili Recipes