Mexican Chicken Recipes
Mexican chicken recipes can be easy main dish recipes and part of a heart healthy menu. With a couple of easy modifications this recipe is a spicy chicken dish and/or a great addition to a healthy heart menu.
Spicy Chicken dish
4 cups cut up cooked chicken or turkey
12 corn tortillas
1 cup yogurt or sour cream (use no fat for a healthy heart menu)
1 cup tomato puree
2 T chopped green chilies
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp+ chopped jalapenos (optional)
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp coriander
1/8 - 1/4 tsp cayenne
1. Crisp up tortillas in the oven set at 350 degrees. It will take about 6 minutes. After they are crisp arrange them in a shallow baking dish.
2. Meanwhile, mix together the yogurt or sour cream and the tomato puree, green chilies, garlic, jalapenos (optional), chili powder, onion powder, coriander and cayenne.
3. Mix the chicken in the yogurt mixture. Pour this mixture over top of the tortillas in the baking dish.
4. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Have Chicken Mexican Recipes Your Way
1. For a healthy heart menu use no fat yogurt or sour cream and use only chicken breast.
2. For a really easy main dish recipes use tortilla chips in place of the tortillas.
3. For the spicy chicken dish add the jalapenos to your taste and the cayenne.
To top of Mexican Chicken Recipes page
Chicken Recipes - Mexican to Chicken Chili Recipe page
Chicken Recipes - Mexican to all Chili Recipes