Pumpkin Seed Recipe
This delicious pumpkin seed recipe is great to munch on or include in our
Vegetable Salad Recipes.
Roasted Pumpkin Seed
How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds
The first step in roasting pumpkin seeds depends on whether they are store bought or if they cam directly from a fresh pumpkin. If the seeds are store bought skip step 1.
Step 1 - With seeds from a fresh pumpkin, rinse the seeds under cold water to remove all the pulp. Do this step immediately upon removing the seeds from the pumpkin. If the pulp dries on the seeds it will take longer to remove.
From here the directions are the same for store bought pumpkin seeds and seeds from a fresh pumpkin
Step 2 - Liberally grease a cookie sheet with olive oil or some other vegetable oil. To save calories spary the pan with a non stick cooking spray
Step 3 - Spread pumpkin seeds on cookie sheet and sprinkle with salt
Step 4 - Bake at 325 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Let cool and serve immediately or store in airtight container.
Whether you buy the pumpkin seeds at the store or you are carving your pumpkin, roasting pumpkin seeds are easy. Pumpkin seeds are packed with protein and fiber.
- 1 ounce of hulled pumpkin seeds have 6.9 grams of protein
Pumpkin seeds are healthy and an excellent source of manganese,magnesium, phosphorus, iron, copper, vitamin K and zinc.
When roasted they have a nutty flavor and taste even better when tossed with a blend of spices.
Check below for a couple of different flavored toasted pumpkin seed recipes. They are healthy recipes for kids and adults.
Spicy Toasted Pumpkin Seed Recipe
2 cups raw pumpkin seeds
4 tsp olive oil
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 teaspoon chile de arbol powder (can substitute 1 tsp cayenne)
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees
2. Combine the olive oil, sugar, salt, chili de arbol powder and pumpkin seeds. Mix thoroughly and place on baking sheet
3. Bake for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Alternate Directions - Stove top
1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat
2. Add the pumpkin seeds and stir about 5 minutes until evenly toasted. Seeds will pop,
3. sprinkle with the sugar, salt and chili powder and stir until coated.
4. Transfer to bowl and cool
Sweet and Salty Roasted Pumpkin Seed
2 cups pumpkin seeds
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Grease cookie sheet with vegetable oil or spray with no stick spray.
3. Mix together sugar, salt and cinnamon
4. Spread seeds on cookie sheet and sprinkle with 1/2 of sugar, salt and cinnamon mixture
5. Bake for 5 minutes, stir and sprinkel with remaining mixture. Continue cooking for an additional 15 - 20 minutes or until seeds are toasted.
From Pumpkin Seed Recipe to Balanced Healthy Diet
Go back to the top of the pumpkin seed recipe page
Return to Chili Recipes - Home