White Chicken Chili Recipe
This scrumptious white chicken chili recipe is one of the best white chili recipes you will try. Healthy easy recipes like this chicken chili make dinner preparation a snap.
How To Make White Chicken Chili
This easy white chicken chili will become a family favorite in no time. If you are strapped for time you can make this dish with the canned beans as shown below. Or if you prefer you can start by cooking dry beans and following the remainder of the recipe.
Don't forget to check out our Have it Your Way, Every Way Section at the end of the recipe. It will give you ways to vary this easy white chicken chili.
This is one of the best white chili recipes you can serve to your family. I like to pair this dish with one of the
free salad recipes
There are several salads to choose from depending on what you feel like eating or have in your pantry and refrigerator.
2 tsp Olive Oil
1-1/2 cup Chopped Yellow Onion
3 cloves Garlic, Minced
1 can Chopped Green Chilies (4 ounces), drained
1 can Cannellini White Beans, rinsed and drained
3 cups Chicken Broth
1 Jalapeno Pepper, seeded and chopped
2 cups Diced Cooked Chicken
3/4 tsp Ground Cumin
1/8 tsp Cinnamon
1/8 tsp Cayenne
1/8 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1/2 tsp dried Oregano
1. In a dutch oven heat oil over medium heat. Saute the onions until tender. Add in the green chili peppers, jalepeno and garlic. Cook until tender. Sprinkle in the cayenne, cumin, salt, oregano, red pepper flakes and cinnamon. Stir for 1 minute.
2. Take approximately 1/2 of the beans and 3 Tablespoons chicken broth and puree them together in a food processor or blender. Add this mixture, the chicken broth, whole beans to the dutch oven. Bring to a boil. This technique will thicken the chili. Turn the heat down to a simmer and simmer for 20 minutes with the lid off.
3. Add the chicken to the mixture and cook for a remaining 20 minutes with the lid off.
4. Cover and let sit for 10 minutes.
Have it Your Way, Every Way
1. Garnish it with grated cheddar cheese - Cheddar or a Mexican cheese blend.
2. Use chopped cooked turkey instead of chicken and make a white turkey chili
3. Substitute other white beans.
4. Make it with 2 different kinds of white beans.
5. Beside serving with cheese on top you can also add... chopped cilantro, chopped tomatoes, chopped green onions, guacamole, broken tortilla chips, red salsa and/or green salsa on top.
6. Up the pepper flakes or add an additional jalapeno pepper for a much spicier chili.
Enjoy this white chicken chili recipe!
From White Chicken Chili Recipe to Chicken Chili Recipe page
Click here to return to the top of the white chicken chili recipe page
Return to Chili Recipes - Home